Your new Caesarstone Benchtop begins at a warehouse where thousands of slabs are stored after arriving by sea from the Caesarstone overseas manufacturing plant.
Bathroom Benchtops 101
Choosing the perfect bathroom benchtop
Choosing the perfect bathroom benchtop can be a challenge, all thanks to the abundant and attractive options you can find at all price levels.
But since benchtops in the bathroom don't face the same mistreatment as those in the kitchen, you can base your decision more on the cost and style rather than the strength.
This article is to inform you of some of the features and disadvantages of some of the most popular bathroom countertop materials on the market today.
Granite Bathroom Benchtop
Granite continues to be the most popular choice for countertops, both kitchen and bathroom, due to the natural beauty and unique patterns each stone holds.
- Never ending options: you can find your perfect stone, as granite is available in all natural colours, with bold or subtle patterns.
- Granite is a hard, solid stone and is scratch resistant.
- When properly sealed, granite requires minimal upkeep
- It can stand heat and humidity, meaning no hot curling iron could do any damage
- It can add value to your home
- It lasts forever
- Granite is the one of the most expensive choices when it comes to countertop materials
- You will need to hire a professional to handle the stone, as it is solid and heavy and has a high chance of breaking if mishandled.
Marble Bathroom Benchtop
Marble has always been associated with privilege and wealth, but thanks to modern production measures, this stone has recently become more affordable than it originally was.
- Marble is a long lasting stone that is strong enough to resist most dents or chips
- Can be either polished for a shiny surface, or honed for a matte finish
- Marble can be adapted to suit nearly every style
- Marble is still quite expensive
- The stone naturally has pores and hence is prone to scratches, stains and etching from acidic substances.
- To maintain the finish you desire, marble requires periodic sealing
Laminate Bathroom Benchtop
Laminate has become more of a modern and sophisticated choice for bathroom countertops since its debut in the '60s. The newest printing technologies are now able to produce astonishingly realistic looking stone, graphic and wood like finishes.
- Laminate is one of the most affordable countertop materials
- Water resistant, durable and very easy to clean
- Laminate is warm to the touch
- Easy to install without professional help
- Laminate can be found in pre-sized products and are widely available at home supply stores.
- Laminate has a reputation to dull or thin over time
- Damages to the laminate usually cannot be repaired, instead, the entire countertop tends to need to be replaced